Independent Expert, Lecturer
|2011||Independent Expert, Lecturer.|
|2009-2011||Vice Minister of Energy of the Republic of Lithuania.|
|2007-2009||Director, Economic Security Policy Department, Ministry of Foreign Affairs.|
|2003-2007||Minister Plenipotentiary, Deputy Permanent Representative (COREPER I),
Permanent Representation of Lithuania to the European Union in Brussels.|
|1999-2003||Director, Department of Economics, Ministry of Foreign Affairs.|
|1995-1999||Counsellor, Permanent Mission of Lithuania at the UN Office and other International Organisations in Geneva (Switzerland).|
|1997-1999||Consul of the Republic of Lithuania in the Swiss Confederation.|
|1993-1995||Head of Foreign Trade Policy Division, Ministry of Foreign Affairs.|
|1992-1993||Officer at the Trade Division, Ministry of International Economic Relations.|
Graduate from Law Faculty at Vilnius University (Lithuania).
Specialized studies: Political Democracy at Umea University (Sweden), Foreign Trade Policy at the WTO (Geneva, Switzerland), Negotiations on International Trade Agreements at International Law Institute, Washington D.C. (US), Corporate Governance at Baltic Institute of Corporate Governance, Vilnius.
Lithuanian (native), English, Russian, French.
- State Enterprise “VĮ Iganlinos atominė elektrinė“ (Ignalina Nuclear Power Plant), Chairman of the Board (2009-2011);
- „AB Klaipėdos Nafta“ (Oil Terminal), Chairman of the Board (2010-2011), Supervisory Board Memeber (from 2013);
- „AB Litgrid“ (Transmition System Operator), Chairman of the Board (2010-2011);
- „AB Lietuvos Dujos“ (Lithuanian Gas), Memeber of the Board (2010-2011);
- „AB LEO LT“ (Lithuanian Electricity Organization), Member than Chairman of Supervisory Board, Liquidator (2009-2011).
- New Nuclear Power Plant Project „Visaginas Nuclear Power Plant“;
- Power interconnections NordBalt (Lithuania-Sweden) and LitPolLink (Lithuania-Poland);
- Lithuanian LNG;
- Lithuanian UGS.
EU Baltic Energy Market Interconnection Plan (BEMIP), member of High Level Group (2008-2011).
1993-1995 negotiations on Free Trade and Trade and Association Agreements between Lithuania and European Communities.
1999-2001 negotiations on Lithuania‘s Membership in EU, Head of Negotiations Chapter No. 26 „External Relations“.
2003-2007 Minister Plenipotentiary, Deputy Permanent Representative of Lithuania in the EU, representative in COREPER I (competitiveness, transport, telecommunications, energy, social security and labour issues, youth, environment, education and science, health, fisheries, veterinary and phytosanitary, consumer protection, intellectual property).
2009-2011 member of Lithuanian Governemental European Union Commission.
1992-2003 negotiations on Free Trade Agreements with Nordic, Baltic, Central European, Balkan countries, Bulgaria, Romania and Turkey and examination of trade disputes. Negotiations on international Economic Co-operation and Trade Agreements.
1993-1999 negotiations on Lithuanian membership in World Trade Organization (WTO).
1999-2003 Lithuania-Belarus, China, Russia, Ukraine intergovernmental commissions.
- European Union (institutional structure, EU decision making, EU negotiations, co-ordination of EU affairs in Lithuania, preparation of national position and presentation of it, preparation for EU presidency);
- International Negotiations;
- Cross-Cultural Communication;
- Winning Communication;
- Diplomatic Service;
- Energy Security Policy in Central and Eastern Europe.